Can No Longer Get To Virtual Consoles After -STABLE Update

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Sun Jun 17 22:48:23 UTC 2007

I have been happily running 6.2-STABLE w/xorg 7.2 for some time now.
Last Friday I promoted the sources to the latest version of 6.2-STABLE,
did mergemaster -i, and built world and a new SMP kernel.  Everything
works as before after I rebooted *except* I can no longer use Alt-Ctrl #
to get to the text consoles if X is running.  If I disable X, it works
fine, but somehow X now seems to ignore these keys.  I did not upgrade
anything other than the FreeBSD sources theselves, BTW.

Any ideas?

Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com