beryl/KDE

Hugo Silva hugo at barafranca.com
Sun Jun 17 00:41:00 UTC 2007

Eduardo Viruena Silva wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have installed FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE in my computer,
> I also compiled and installed Xorg 7.2, KDE, and beryl,
> everything seems to be ok.
>
> Ok, now what?
>
> What do I have to do for KDE has the beryl effects?
>
> Any reference?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>           Eduardo.

You need aquamarine for KDE, google for aquamarine and freebsd, someone
created a port that is usable. Then just login to kde as usual and type
beryl-manager on a console, from then on it becomes pretty obvious.

I've tried beryl on 7.0-CURRENT myself but CTRL+ALT+Fx and back to the
desktop is enough to hard lock the machine..

Hugo