Upgrading x.org to 7.2 (to make other ports happy)

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Fri Jun 15 15:54:10 UTC 2007

Andrew Falanga wrote:

> I come back a
> little later to find that I've got to update X.org according
> /usr/ports/UPDATING.  I open this file and read up on what it says.
> In there it says I need to run a script called "xorg-upgrade" however,
> this script does not exist on this box.

Please read the instructions more carefully.  You are supposed to run a
program called "script" with the parameter "xorg-upgrade".  script is a
program which will create a file called xorg-upgrade.  All the commands
you subsequently  type and all the output you get will be logged in the
file xorg-upgrade, so that if something goes wrong you have a log of the
errors to refer to, cut-and-pate from etc.

--Alex