Memory mannagment

cadastrosonline cadastrosonline cadastrosonline at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jun 14 06:42:13 UTC 2007

First of all,

"Each process has its own private address space. The address space is initially divided
into three logical segments: text,
data, and stack. "

But if the address is just something like 343556 then how does it
really work? The memory is divided into segments is that what it means?

"The data segment contains the initialized and uninitialized data portions of a program"

Is it talking about multithreading? I COULDNT FIND anything talking
about how freebsd deals with multithreading, just found out it does it
by man pthread.

Tell me anything else interesting to know about memory mannagment, does
it use any algorithm to substitute a page when out of pages in memory?
such as "second chance" "fifo" "lru" (last recently used) "nfu" (not
frequently used) and so on? I am studying freebsd but sometimes I am
out of ways to find out, yes I am reading the handbook about memory
mannagment as you can see my quotes but sometimes I don't understand.

Thanks in advance.