nvidia driver on amd64

Dick Hoogendijk dick at nagual.nl
Thu Jun 14 05:20:46 UTC 2007

Thomas Sparrevohn <Thomas.Sparrevohn at btinternet.com> writes:

> I found that the "vesa" driver works ok with a GTX 8800 - not fast -
> but works

People don't have a GTX8800 to have it just 'work'
It needs to work fast!
Personally I think it's very bad FreeBSD is not supported by nVidia,
like f.i. solaris is.
I don't want to write in favor of solaris, mind you, but it _is_ very
nice to have Xorg-7.2 installed (both 32 and 64 bits) and a working 32
_and_ 64 bits native nVidia driver with it.

I have used FreeBSD for years and still hate to see this lack of
support by others :-(

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ http://nagual.nl/ + Solaris 11 05/07 ++