OpenOffice 2.2 dies under XFCE 4.4

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Thu Jun 14 03:18:14 UTC 2007

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:05:17 +0200
Nikola Lecic <nlecic at EUnet.yu> wrote:

> I use the same combination (Xfce4 + OO) daily on RELEASE, _never_
> experienced a crash with openoffice 2.2 (sporadically with 2.1).
> Notably, I don't use libmap.conf; deinstall linuxpluginwrapper and try.
> I attached my pkg_info, please take a look.

Hi Nikola,
thanks for the info. I agree, I have been using -STABLE since the 6.0 release days with OO and XFCE with no problems at all, it just started yesterday.

I thought that it could be related to having 2 java VMs installed (linux-blackdown-1.4, which I use as plugin for linux-firefox, and diablo-jdk-1.5 for everything else) - that's the setup in my laptop. But my other PC has only diablo-jdk and has the same problem. I dont have any related libmap.conf configurations that may/should affect this.

[LoN]Kamikaze's reply solved the problem - see my next post :)

thx!

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome