Fwd: Fwd: Installing FreeBSD on large disk >2TB

Vlad GURDIGA gurdiga at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 06:22:28 UTC 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kirk McKusick <mckusick at mckusick.com>
Date: 12-Jun-2007 16:49
Subject: Re: Fwd: Installing FreeBSD on large disk >2TB
To: Vlad GURDIGA <gurdiga at gmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-fs at freebsd.org, Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org>,
Enrique Ayesta Perojo <eayesta at portugalete.uned.es>

I believe that there are some limitations on booting FreeBSD from
filesystems bigger than 2Tb, but I know of no limitations on building
non-root filesystems bigger than 2Tb. I have copied Kris Kennaway
and the FreeBSD filesystem mailing list in the hope that someone
can give a more precise answer than me.

        Kirk McKusick