Backspace problems

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Tue Jun 12 14:26:57 UTC 2007

> Scott Mayo wrote:
> If I hit backspace it just backs up on the line until
> were input-mode
> was started during this input-mode session.  If I hit
> delete then it
> capitalizes the charcter behind the cursor and throws
> me into
> command-mode.

You just need to get it configured right.  For some things
I need to do something like CTRL-BACKSPACE instead of regular
BACKSPACE or other variations in certain circumstances.  But,
I get what I need with the defaults (nothing special), so I
haven't bothered to learn the keyboard config and vi config, etc
stuff, but it is there and people make them do whatever they
want.    If you really want, you can make it remap however
you want.   But, you will probably have to do some research
on keyboard remapping and vi, and command line config, etc.

////jerry