some ports want to compile with icc

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Mon Jun 11 19:00:13 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 02:13:51PM -0400, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> mein name <fake-addy2 at web.de> writes:
>
> > Some ports (e.g. clamav or lighttpd) want to compile with the icc, even if I don't select
> > it in my make.conf or somewhere else. I tried to set the gcc as
> > default compiler with CC=gcc but this doesn't change anything. If
> > I deinstall the icc I get an error while compiling clamav like this:
> >

> > icc: not found
> > *** Error code 127
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/security/clamav/work/clamav-0.90.3/libclamav.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/security/clamav/work/clamav-0.90.3.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/security/clamav/work/clamav-0.90.3.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/security/clamav.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/security/clamav.
> > ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portinstall.53682.0 env make
> > ** Fix the problem and try again.
> > ** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
> >         ! security/clamav       (new compiler error)
> > --->  Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed
> >

> > Any suggestions?
>
> It does not do this for me, and I cannot guess what could make it do
> so.  Perhaps there is more information in the upgrade transcript,
> before the error?  Are you sure you don't have something set in make.conf?

I can confirm that clamav does NOT look for icc if it is not installed
on the system.  Perhaps it does detect it and try to use it
automatically if it is present when 'make configure' runs.  You will
need to provide the config.log file to the clamav port maintainer for
them to look into the problem.

Kris