proftpd and proftpd-admin root dir

vali bud mtx at edoxx.eu
Mon Jun 11 17:08:54 UTC 2007

I want to install proftpd-admin for proFTPd on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE.

>From proftpd-admin webpage:
" Now that we're finished setting up proFTPd Administrator it's time to just move the entire folder into place (were place is in your Apache servers document-root). Next we'll just finish up some of the commands needed for the default configuration of proFTPd and proFTPd Administrator to work as expected, and the first thing we need to do is create the folder where we'll place our files so just follow my lead (if you want to place it somewhere else you'd need to reconfigure both proFTPd and proFTPd Administrator):

cd /
mkdir /ftp"

WIth this sets up the root directory for proftpd to /ftp.
My questions is (regarding to what i have read on proftpd-admin web page): What options to i need to set to be able to make the root directory in /home/ftp or any other directory?
I have tried to modify the proftpd.conf file but if i enter another root dir it doesn't work. I have googled alot but couldn't find anything related to what i want to do.
I especially want to know what do i have to modify in proftpd and afterwards i will change the *.php files from proftpd-admin.

thanks in advance...