Woes of xorg 7.2 upgrade ...

Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez jlalarcon at nerdshack.com
Sat Jun 9 08:41:51 UTC 2007

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 08:54:43 +0200
"Kiffin Gish" <kiffin.gish at planet.nl> wrote:

> I've been struggling now for 2 weeks trying to do the xorg upgrade,
> following the upgrading instructions to a tee, but it has turned into a
> complete mess.
>
> If worse comes to worse, what it the best way to proceed?
>
> Is there an easy way just to reinstall xorg from scratch?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> --
> Kiffin Rex Gish
> Gouda, The Netherlands

Hi Kiffin.

You don't tell us the output of your complete mess.

The best way to proceed is follow step by step what say the file
/usr/ports/UPDATING, "chunk" 20070519. It's the more simple and
easy way for get Xorg 7.2 running on your FreeBSD 6.2 machine.

Before do just this portupgrade -a i was triying with portmanager -u -l
and others stuffs on my way, but it can't got it.

Keep trying. It isn't very dificult.

Regards.

Jose.

--
http://www.lordofunix.org/

Not Registered GNU/Hurd User.
Registered BSD User 51101.
Registered Linux User #213309.
Memories..... You are talking about memories.
Rick Deckard. Blade Runner.