Stuck on boot!

Harald Scheckenbacher scheckenbacher at inode.at
Fri Jun 8 10:25:49 UTC 2007

Hi,

I’m new to this list and somewhat new to Free BSD as well and therefore
confused as to what is exactly going on with my 6.2 installation.

I run BSD next to Win XP on my notebook, same harddrive, use a boot manager
to boot either of them. FBSD 6.2 has been working nicely, my iwiß interface
worked perfectly and my NVidia driver for Go 6400 as well.

Then when I restarted this morning I found myself unable to boot the system.

After loading acpi.ko all I get is a slash that’s then highlighted but no
startup information
 everything worked yesterday and I even had my Eclipse
and JBoss environment set up.

Free BSD and it’s performance is crucial to me as a JEE developer.

I can’t seem to fully utilize the boot console (option 6), I would like to
read the startup log, how can I do that? I think the answer will be there.

Last thing I created was rc.local in /etc to boot up my iwi0 device thru
/root/iwi0_up . – Permissions set for everyone to execute.

If someone has had the same problem or any idea as to what I did wrong
please let me know.