GCC43 - Increase datasize limit

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Thu Jun 7 19:36:55 UTC 2007

This is a fresh installation of FreeBSD-6.2. I am attempting to
install gcc43. When I type make, I receive the following error
message:

Making GCC 4.3.0 fir FreeBSD 6.2 target=i386-portbid-freebsd6.2
You need to increase the datasize to at least 700000 (and set
kern.maxdsiz="734003200" in /boot/loader.conf) to build with Java
Support.
*** Error code 1

I made the entry in the /boot/loader.conf  file and rebooted the
system but the build still fails. How do I change the datasize value?

--
Gerard