PyGTK Slowness

Tom Grove freebsd at voidmain.net
Thu Jun 7 18:01:10 UTC 2007

I have a program that I wrote that uses a multitude of modules but the
main ones are MySQLdb and PyGTK.  I hadn't used the program in awhile
but the last time I used it it was very responsive.  Now, after a few
upgrades from 6.0 to 6.2 and plenty of port upgrades including moving to
X 7.2 I have noticed that it is very slow.  It actually hangs for up to
10 seconds when switching from record to record of a list.

The list displays within some text boxes and the buttons move from
record to record.  Nothing too strange but I was wondering if any of the
upgrades have slowed down PyGTK  programs like this.

-Tom