Xserver crashed

dhaneshk k dhaneshkk at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 13:17:42 UTC 2007

Hi

this is Dhanesh

I have done a portupgrade of xorg in my freebsd6.1 box

this box was working fine with gnome2.18 for the last 3 months ,but now for
building OpenOffice in this box ,its needed to do a portupgrade of xorg , so
I followed as per /usr/ports/UPDATING ,

but doing this a power   failure occurs and system restarted before its
completion while doing  portupgrade -a -x 'gstreamer*',

but after restart  I cant get the desktop its showing
gdm_server_spawn:xserver not found
just now it happened , how can I retrive my Desktop environment ?

Please help me with any solution to retrieve the desktop environment..

Thanks in advance
dhanesh