Synaptics trackpad problem

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Jun 6 17:12:14 UTC 2007

Paul Fraser wrote:
> On 6/3/07, Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> wrote:
>> Any help appreciated
>
> Hi Robin,
>
> I know this isn't going to be much of a comfort - but I've had great
> difficulty trying to get Xorg to work nicely with - surprise - the
> Synaptics touchpad on my Acer notebook as well. I posted to the list
> almost a week ago reporting that while Xorg worked brilliantly one day
> - suddenly it stopped working.
>
> I did blow the installation away and started again (unrelated issue)
> the other day and the touchpad is working much as it was before. I
> don't have my specific Xorg config in front of me as the missus has
> stolen the laptop today unfortunately, however I've flagged this
> thread so I'll attach it and send it over to you tonight.

Thanks I appreciate it. With my machine I can get the 1280x800 mode using
915resolution hack and I do have a mouse if I drop the touchpad entirely (from
loader.conf and xorg.conf) and use moused_enable="YES" in rc.conf. For whatever
reason the synaptics stuff is a bit flaky on my machine as I have had a couple
of forced reboots with hw.psm.synaptics_support=1.

If all else fails I will try and do the new 7.2 Xorg build from scratch.

--
Robin Becker