Failed to load module "pcidata"

Karsten Rothemund karsten at photor.de
Wed Jun 6 17:04:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 10:38:10AM -0400, Gerard wrote:

> Actually, I went a different route. I moved /etc/X11/xorg.conf out of
> the way, and then ran: Xorg --configure to build a new file. The
> system did start up without any error messages or missing module
> problems.

Went the same way.

> Now, I am experiencing a new problem. I use 'xfce4' for the windows
> manager. It starts to load, then the system just crashes. I have the
> Xorg.0.log file, etc. I am attempting to rebuild the entire 'xfce4'
> meta port and retry starting the program. If it fails again, I will
> start a new thread regarding this problem.

Same here. And I ended by installing the whole xorg meta port. Some
important packages seemed to be missing after the portupgrade from
xorg 6.9.

Now xfce4 starts again, but I have a lot of packages here :-/ (Maybe,
I try to deinstall some of them later)

Ciao,

Karsten

--

Karsten Rothemund <karsten at photor.de>     /"\
PGP-Key:     0x7019CAA5                   \ /