startup / shutdown script (rc.d)

gmoniey gmoniey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 06:00:08 UTC 2007

as my luck would have it...this didn't work...i used your script...test it by
running ./rtest start & ./rtest stop and everything worked fine (note: i
changed the name from rails to rtest as rails is an actual command)...

but when i rebooted nothing happened. I had the output dump to file and the
file was empty upon restart, which makes me believe it never actually ran..

Side Note: Jerry, the mongrel_rails command does spew some output, which is
why i dump it to file...

i even added the line rtest_enable="YES" in my /etc/rc.conf file and
rebooted, but still no luck....

thanks for your help fellas...i'll keep reading up as you suggested...