Failed to load module "pcidata"

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Wed Jun 6 03:06:22 UTC 2007

On Tuesday June 05, 2007 at 07:22:15 (PM) Gerard wrote:

> On Tuesday June 05, 2007 at 06:46:27 (PM) Paul Schmehl wrote:
>
> {snip}
>
> > Install the xorg metaport: /usr/ports/x11/xorg/
>
> Strange, I had the Xorg-6.9 meta port installed when I did the
> original update. Oh well, I will try your suggest. Thanks!

OK, I installed the /x11/xorg port. There were only 5 files that
needed updating, but nothing new installed. After installing the port,
I again tried running 'startx' and received the same error message I
was receiving before. I am unable to locate a 'pcidata' file on my
system, although there is a reference to something similar:

/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/libpcidata.la
/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/libpcidata.so

I am at a loose here. I have tried Googling; however, I have not come
up with a definitive answer.

--
Gerard