fbsd 6.2 pf starts -- but not on boot

snowcrash+freebsd schneecrash+freebsd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 22:35:17 UTC 2007

hi,

> Hello, it's your niggly proofreader

:-D

> (and fellow Stephenson fan)

!!

> If you really have that blank line before 'add default HISADDR' above,
> then it marks the end of your default section.  The 'add default' and
> the two lines following will not be executed.
>
> I expect you'll want the 'add default' line as the last in your ppp1:
> section anyway; the other two could go in either, but I'd opt for the
> default block myself.

i had not realized that blank lines were 'read for real'.  it's now
been removed ...

and i've moved the 'add default' to the connection ...

> I'm again unsure whether it's related to your pf problem, rusted-on ipfw
> here, but my connections tend to work better with a default route ..

recently converted to pf, and been pretty pleased/impressed with it so
far.  a few gotchas, mainly due to not (yet) having read the /right/
man page, bu i'm makin progress!

now, to clean up a bit more, and see if all's better ...

thanks!