complete static link

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Jun 5 10:57:25 UTC 2007

I'm trying to get a particular utility compiled statically so I can embed it in
a distribution package. It's just a part of lib tiff. I tried various things
with ./configure --disable-shared --enable-static, but couldn't eliminate the
dynamic dependencies. In the end I tried this

gcc -O2 -Wall -W -o tiffcp tiffcp.o  ../libtiff/.libs/libtiff.a
../port/.libs/libport.a /usr/lib/libz.a /usr/lib/libm.a /usr/lib/libc.a

and although the libz/libm dependencies are gone I still depend on libc.so.6 (or
4). Is there some esy way to do this?

Also I get warnings about f_prealloc anyone know what that means?
--
Robin Becker