Making a new libmap.conf for linux emulation

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue Jun 5 00:54:56 UTC 2007

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 00:54:32 +0200
Sereno Ternullo <serenoternullo at virgilio.it> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I made too many mistakes configuring my /etc/libmap.conf file and now
> I'm having problems with my "linux sub system".

why do you think you have to do that for?

> If I have linux.ko loaded into the kernel, ldconfig fails like this:
>
> [root at FreeBSD /etc]# ldconfig
> Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)
>
> With linux.ko loaded into the kernel,
> if I try to start /compat/linux/bin/bash
>
> bash works fine, but if I try to start skype, this is what I get
>
> [sereno at FreeBSD /usr/home/sereno]$ skype_bin
> skype_bin: error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libGL.so.1: ELF file OS
> ABI invalid

I've been using linux compat + skype for a long while (since 6.0-RELEASE) and I have never had to touch libmap.conf
clean it up and try again.

> Can anyone tell me the lines I'm missing on my libmap.conf ?

Not really - we don't know what lines you do have in your file :)

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Either you are incompetent - or you are lying to me."
  Nigel Grange