php5-extensions and xorg libraries

Zbigniew Szalbot zbyszek at szalbot.homedns.org
Mon Jun 4 06:02:56 UTC 2007

Hello,

Norberto Meijome pisze:

> On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 01:32:57 +0200
> Zbigniew Szalbot <zbyszek at szalbot.homedns.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I will appreciate any help. When trying to install php5-extensions, I
>> get the following error:
>>
>> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for php5-gd-5.2.2
>> ===>   php5-gd-5.2.2 depends on executable in : phpize - found
>> ===>   php5-gd-5.2.2 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/autoconf259 - found
>> ===>   php5-gd-5.2.2 depends on file: /usr/local/libdata/xorg/libraries
>> - not found
>> ===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/libdata/xorg/libraries in
>> /usr/ports/x11/xorg-libraries
>> Read /usr/ports/UPDATING for the procedure to upgrade or install xorg 7.2.
> [....]
>

>> I cannot install php5-extensions, nor xorg nor xorg-libraries. I am lost
>> as to what to do. Many thanks in advance!
>
> Hi Zbigniew,
> yeah...one of those nits that I dont think it's properly explained. From my own
> experience and discussion in ports@ :
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2007-May/041207.html
>
> 1)Bypass the dependency altogether: php5-gd itself is not the problem, but
> rather libgd, with XPM support enabled (I haven't confirmed it , but it makes
> perfect sense).

I would love to choose this route as I have a headless installation and
need no X11 whatsoever. I do not think I need XPM but how can I bypass
this dependency? In Makefile for php4-extensions (as actually I want to
install php4 and its extensions but I tried with php5 wrongly assuming
php4 was the problem) I have
GD              "GD library support" off \

Could you please advise how to disable the dependency?

Many thanks in advance!

zbigniew szalbot