Switching between half-duplex and full duplex

r17fbsd at xxiii.com r17fbsd at xxiii.com
Sun Jun 3 15:46:02 UTC 2007

At 07:01 AM 6/3/2007, you wrote:
>  I have just installed FreeBSD and found that the nic em0 is set to
> half-duplex only. Could anyone tell me how I can switch it to full-duplex?
>        media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT/UTP <half-duplex>)

You should be more concerned that it is only at 10Mb.  I'm not sure
if the old 10bT protocol even supported full duplex.  You definitely
need a switch rather than hub to run full duplex, and 100Mb or better
may also be required.  Once you have that it should auto-detect and
enable full duplex, if your other hardware is capable.

   -RW