Flashplugin problem after xorg 7.2 upgrade

Nikola Lecic nlecic at EUnet.yu
Sun Jun 3 13:33:48 UTC 2007

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 03:30:58 +0300
Ozan Enginoglu <ozanenginoglu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, here are my computer properties: evo n800v compaq laptop with 1.8
> ghz and 512 ram.
>
>         oenginoglu at laptop[0]:~$ nspluginwrapper -a -v -i
>         Auto-install plugins from /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins
>         Looking for plugins in /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins
>         Auto-install plugins from /usr/X11R6/lib/firefox/plugins
>         Looking for plugins in /usr/X11R6/lib/firefox/plugins
>         Auto-install plugins
> from /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin Looking for plugins
> in /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin Install
>         plugin /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
>          ... already installed system-wide, skipping
>         Auto-install plugins
>         from /usr/X11R6/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/ENU/Browser/intellinux
>         Looking for plugins
>         in /usr/X11R6/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/ENU/Browser/intellinux
>         Install
>         plugin /usr/X11R6/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/ENU/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so
>         Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)
>
> as a user i get the same core dumped error. Now i can play any flash
> in firefox but inspide of that i got "pid 4909 (npconfig), uid 1001:
> exited on signal 11 (core dumped)" error. I changed the depth from 16
> to 32 but i still got these errors.

As I wrote (scroll down this thread), if you have three files installed
in ~/.mozilla/plugins, and if all plugins work, I guess you don't have
to worry.

> And when i open 3 web sites with flash plugins the cpu usage is
> approx. (and stable) 45%. Is this normal?

It is very hard to say, depends on what sites you opened, etc. Seems ok
to me. I'm aware of cpu issues in version 7 in full screen mode /only/
and of those related to hibernation, all fixed in version 9). You can of
course try www/linux-flashplugin-9.0r31_1 instead (first uninstall
version 7). I personally wasn't very happy with it. Ver. 7 has always
been working flawlessly for me.

If you are not sure and want to pursue the matter, you may start a new
thread about flashplugin cpu usage. You can also consider asking on
freebsd-multimedia at .

Nikola Lečić