php5-extensions and xorg libraries

Toni Stanton el_tonio at fastmail.fm
Sun Jun 3 09:56:29 UTC 2007

<snip>

 >>I cannot install php5-extensions, nor xorg nor xorg-libraries. I am
lost as to what to do. Many thanks in advance!

 >>Zbigniew Szalbot

I presume you did read /usr/ports/UPDATING for the procedure to upgrade
or install xorg 7.2

Its a pain, sure. What worked for me was to update the ports tree to get
the xorg 7.2 files, remove the 6.9 version, setenv XORG_UPGRADE yes, cd
to the xorg ports directory, make && make install

I also found portmaster to be much less of a headache than portupgrade
on the way.

hope this helps