10/100/1000 Ethernet hardware recommendation

chloe K chloekcy2000 at yahoo.ca
Sat Jun 2 12:42:22 UTC 2007

intel desktop GigE (32 bits) around 380M
  intel server GigE (64 bits) around 800M - 900M

  I have used it for core router for 2 years. they are so good

Christopher Hilton <chris at vindaloo.com> wrote:
  I'm about to build a Gigabit backend network for a few machines. This
network will provide file and database services to a dedicated set of
web application servers. My experience with Gigabit Ethernet leads me to
like the Intel Pro/1000 cards which I believe use the em(4) driver in
FreeBSD. Is this an appropriate NIC for a server or is there something
better?

Thanks in advance
-- Chris

--
__o "All I was doing was trying to get home from work."
_`\<,_ -Rosa Parks