See output of local xterm session on remote ssh session.

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Sat Jun 2 12:05:34 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 09:44:58PM +1000, Paul Fraser wrote:
> On 6/2/07, Jeremy Gransden <jeremy.gransden at gmail.com> wrote:
> >how
> >can I then connect to it from my laptop and see the output of that process
> >via the ssh session?
>
> A very popular solution is screen (sysutils/screen). Run a screen
> session, then you can share the session from any number of clients, or
> attach/detach at will. Quite good if, for example you're running a
> process (within a screen session, of course!) in an xterm, and you
> want to restart X. Simply detach the screen session, restart X, then
> reattach screen to your xterm.

But if you already have started the process that you wish to monitor and did
not have the foresight to start it in some special manner then neither
sysutils/screen, script(1) or redirecting the output to a file will help.

Using watch(8) can help though.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson