trouble with samba

Thanos Rizoulis apatewna at yahoo.gr
Fri Jun 1 20:58:26 UTC 2007

O/H Reid Linnemann έγραψε:

> The order in rc.conf makes no difference, the order of rc file execution
>  is determined by rcorder(8).

It is nice to learn a new thing every day, thank you!

So this goes deeper than I originally thought. Looking at my
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba I see that:

# PROVIDE: nmbd smbd
# REQUIRE: NETWORKING SERVERS DAEMON ldconfig resolv
# BEFORE: LOGIN
# KEYWORD: shutdown

...so probably some of the services in the REQUIRE line are slow to
start for our friends' machines and samba detects this and exits with
Signal 6.
This is well beyond my skills already. I am merely speculating here,
someone with greater experience should probably look into this.

--
RTFM and STFW before anything bad happens