startup / shutdown script (rc.d)

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Fri Jun 1 05:12:45 UTC 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007 21:05:17 -0700 (PDT)
gmoniey <gmoniey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I actually looked at the apache one, and it seemed so complicated, there
> were 2 files for it, one of which was relatively short and the other was
> significantly long.
>
> Now dont get me wrong, they aren't beyond comprehension, but i simply dont
> have the time right now to figure them out.
>
> I dont quite see how something as simple as "apachectl start" is expanded
> into so many lines.
>
> maybe i will get some time in the near future to understand it...

fair enough. How's this for a simpler script?
---
#!/bin/sh

RTOOL=/usr/local/bin/radeontool
case "$1" in
start)
        if [ -x $RTOOL ]; then
            echo -n ' Radeon'
        $RTOOL light
            $RTOOL light on
        $RTOOL light
        $RTOOL dac
            $RTOOL dac off
        $RTOOL dac
        fi
        ;;
stop)
        ;;
*)
        echo "Usage: `basename $0` {start|stop}" >&2
        exit 64
        ;;
esac

-----

it doesnt read anything from rc.conf at all (which is where some of the extra stuff is)

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Too bad ignorance isn't painful."
  Don Lindsay