what way to update named?

Zbigniew Szalbot zbigniew at szalbot.homedns.org
Mon Jul 30 12:14:38 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am using named version 9.3.3 which comes with FreeBSD system (i.e. was
not installed from ports).

I know that in order to upgrade bind, I should cvsup sources and then go
through the entire procudure of updating the system, installing kernel,
etc. However, I tend not to use cvsup any more but I usually go for
freebsd-update tool.

My question is: should I wait till freebsd-update tool includes an update
of bind to 9.3.4 or should I update the system from sources? I can wait but
I am just not sure what is the preferred method given that I use
freebsd-update on regular basis. This is FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p5 #2

Thank you in advance!

Zbigniew Szalbot