Custom builds from ports

CyberLeo Kitsana cyberleo at cyberleo.net
Sat Jul 28 21:16:04 UTC 2007

Hi!

My question concerns building ports with custom options.

With some ports, 'make config' governs the options, and stores them in a
file someplace so they are honored the next time you build or upgrade
the port.

With most ports, however, this is controlled by passing variables on the
command line or via the environment.

The most obvious location for these variables to be placed, so that they
may affect recursive builds and upgrades, is make.conf. However, I've
noticed that some ports use the same variable names for similar options
('WITH_MYSQL'), when I may not want that option set in both ports.

Is there a way to specify which ports certain options are to be applied
to, without having to craft custom command lines and build ports
individually?

Thanks!

--
Fuzzy love,