Problems with ftp client

Alvaro Rosales aran80 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 12:09:46 UTC 2007

Hello guys,
I have a Freebsd 5.4 box, it is working perfectly as a file server, but I
have noticed that I can not ftp to any computer other than localhost from
this server. I have found this out when tried to install remotely a package.
I have no firewall rules enabled on this server, I can ping the remote
servers I want to connect but cannot ftp. My firewall is not blocking
outgoing or incoming ip traffic from this computer. Is there any environment
variable that I need to setup for the ftp client to work?. The error I get
from the ftp client is Connection time out.I have searched in the messages
log file but nothing is found there, is there any other log files where I
could look for?.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and help.