burncd and driveropts=burnfree?

Thomas Mueller mueller6727 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 27 20:14:55 UTC 2007

I recently installed FreeBSD 6.2 release and see there are two programs for
burning CDs: burncd and cdrtools (cdrecord).  My CD-RW drive is ATAPI.  I
looked through the online manpage for burncd and saw nothing comparable to
driveropts=burnfree, which I use in Linux with cdrecord.  So how would I
achieve this buffer-underrun protection with burncd in FreeBSD?  Or would I
need to use cdrecord with kldload atapicam (taking from another current
thread on this list)?  As far as I could see, Linux and NetBSD use cdrecord,
and there is no burncd.  I have burned CDs, data only so far, from Linux but
not from any other OS.  Under FreeBSD, am I better off with burncd or with
cdrecord?

Tom