Simple SMTP forwarder

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Fri Jul 27 14:29:10 UTC 2007

On 2007-07-27 09:40, Ernst de Haan <znerd at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need a daemon that will accept SMTP connections and will call the
> 'sendmail' command to have them transported. I should be able to
> configure it so it will only accept connections from certain IP
> addresses.

That's precisely the reason why Sendmail exists.  Why do you have to use
"something else"?  It should be relatively painless to set up Sendmail
to accept incoming email from a specific set of hosts/addresses using
any method you find more convenient:

  * Firewall rules which block access to port *:smtp from hosts which
    should not be able to access it.

  * /etc/hosts.deny controls

  * The /etc/mail/access file of Sendmail itself.