RALUS for Linux - authentication failing

John Nielsen lists at jnielsen.net
Thu Jul 26 19:33:28 UTC 2007

On Thursday 26 July 2007 03:08:55 pm Jonathan Horne wrote:
> are you sure that all the executables are all running correctly?  for my
> veritas netbackup agent, 'ldd' revealed that i was missing some older .so
> files, which once i took care of those, the whole thing ran like clockwork
> for me.

The only executable that needs to run AFAICT is "beremote", and I see in its
log output where it is contacting the backup server and attempting to process
login attempts.

I also see a list of libraries in its startup output, some of which it says
were loaded and many of which "could not be loaded". However all of the
library names begin "libbe" (backup exec, I assume), and the ones that are

file(1) identifies beremote as a dynamically linked Linux ELF executable, but
ldd(1) can't read it. I don't appear to have a Linux ldd program installed,
would that help?

Thanks for the input.

JN