Adaptec AAR-1220SA / AAR-1430SA

Christopher Key cjk32 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 26 10:23:17 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to establish whether I can expect the Adaptec AAR-1220SA or
AAR-1430SA SATA cards to work with 6.2.  They're not on the list of
supported hardware, which does include a lot of the other Adaptec
cards.  However, the Adaptec cards that are listed all seem to be
hardware RAID cards, whereas the 1220SA and 1430SA use something called
'HostRAID', which I think just means software raid.  Does this just mean
that I'll be unable to use the RAID functionality on the cards, not
really a concern, or are they unlikely to work at all?

Many thanks,

Chris Key