logging system load

James james at hicag.org
Thu Jul 26 00:54:20 UTC 2007

On 7/25/07, Zbigniew Szalbot <zbigniew at szalbot.homedns.org> wrote:
> Is there a tool similar to top which would measure system load and
> write it to a file that could later be analyzed?

    sysutils/bsdsar works pretty well for me.  Only problem is on some
    systems it'll occasionally get confused and parse out the wrong
    values from the commands it runs (top and such) and end up logging
    crazy values such as "0% idle" when it's really "100% idle".

    Despite that problem I'd recommend it -- it's a useful tool IMHO.

--
James.