video mode problem booting 6.2 CD

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Thu Jul 26 00:35:51 UTC 2007

Has anyone had any problem with the booting of 6.2 release CD?

I have an older server that is running 5.5 and was going to do a binary
upgrade to 6.2.  When I try to boot the 6.2 release CD 1, right after the
loader message, the video gets funny, I see it trying to do what looks like
drawing on the screen, but just see some flashing.  It looks like some kind
of video mode switch the builtin VGA adapter is having trouble with.

I was wondering if anyone else had seen this problem and possibly had a
work around.

         -Derek
         derek at computinginnovations.com

believed to be clean.