Policy Based Routing problem help me

Narek Gharibyan ngharibyan at mail.ru
Wed Jul 25 22:50:23 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have a firewall/router with FreeBSD 6.2 installed on it. 2 ISP connection
and 2 LAN connections. I need to do a policy-based routing. All I need that
packets coming from one ISP interface return to that interface (incoming
connections' source based routing) and the other hand do a IP based routing
from the LAN (Some packets will goes out via ISP 1 some others via ISP 2
depending on IPs requested). I tried to do that with ipfw fwd but it didn't
work any way (e.g. with ip.forwarding enabled or no). Even I've disabled my
static routes, default gw. Just it do nothing. Sample configs are

ipfw add fwd ISP_gw from ${my lan} to any via ${eif}
ipfw add fwd ISP_gw from ${my lan} to any out via ${eif}
ipfw add fwd ISP_gw from any to any xmit ${eif}

Ipfw add fwd ISP_gw from any to any via ${eif} out

I don't use nat, proxy. Just need to route.

Please help

Regards,

Narek