ssh X11 forwarding not working on FreeBSD 6.2

Terry Todd tlt at badger.tltodd.com
Tue Jul 24 18:55:00 UTC 2007

Lowell,

The default sshd_config file does not have XAuthLocation defined.

I have not done any updates to X.org so the default location for
xauth is /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth.

So, I added the line:
XAuthLocation /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth
to /etc/ssh/sshd_config
restarted sshd
Tested it out and same problem.

BTW - the sshd_config file on FC6 does not have this line either
and it works.

I increased sshd logging to -d3.  No more messages came up in the
log file than before.

Terry Todd