installing manual pages

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Jul 23 10:37:28 UTC 2007

On 2007-07-23 12:26, Zbigniew Szalbot <zbigniew at szalbot.homedns.org> wrote:
> > ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/6.2-RELEASE/manpages/
> >
> >   [4] Run the 'install.sh' script as root:
>
> Need to chmod it to have appropriate permissions but thank you! I now
> enjoy man pages for all the default tools and software which comes
> with FBSD!
>
> Thank you again!

You're welcome, of course.  Enjoy the new manpages :-)

If you update your source tree (i.e. with CVSup, or freebsd-update), and
rebuild everything from the sources, you will get an even better set of
manpages, up to date with the latest sources.  It is not obligatory to
go through the manual rebuild-from-source process though; just a FYI in
case you ever need to do this.