is this possible? (let user able to access two moint points, one beneath another)

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsd.org
Sun Jul 22 18:36:14 UTC 2007

On Sunday 22 July 2007, Zhang Weiwu said:
> On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 00:43 -0800, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> > Try writing the export:
> >
> >  /var/ftp/pub  /var/ftp/pub/music -ro
>
> This worked! Thanks otherwise I wouldn't know the difference.
>
> I used to write such thing on Linux that worked:
> /var/ftp/pub parameter
> /var/ftp/pub another_set_of_parameters
> /var/ftp/pub/music parameters
> /var/ftp/pub/music another_set_of_parameters
>

> P.S. I can know why you didn't put FreeBSD Questions list on 'cc'?
> If you simply forgotten I'd like to forward this reply there.

Sorry, wrong reply button. Anyway you're welcome I've run into the
same problem myself, FreeBSD won't let you export two directories
from the same filesystem unless you do it that way.

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html