/dev/random in jails

Tech Valley Internet - Tony Kivits tony at techvalley.ca
Thu Jul 19 01:48:07 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am attempting to run portions (if not all) of the software called
HSphere inside of jailed subsystems of FreeBSD.  I am able to create
the jails no problem but the devices /dev/random and /dev/urandom are
not created automatically in the jail despite the fact that a handful
of other devices are mounted correctly when the jail is created.

Is there a specific reason for these devices not being created in a
jail or is there a way to create these devices so that they will be
available inside a jail?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Tony