10Mbps versus 100Mbps Cable Modems

fbsd2 fbsd2 at a1poweruser.com
Sat Jul 14 23:02:43 UTC 2007

This is right off the cable internet service providers website.

Plan Name    Plan Type      (Speed Max)   (Speed Min)
Exceed 788   Residential       384 kbps       32 kbps
Exceed 1350 Residential       512 kbps       64 kbps
Exceed 2000 Comm w/o IP   768 kbps       128 kbps
Exceed 3500 Comm w/o IP   1024 kbps     192 kbps
Exceed 4000 Comm w/ IP     1024 kbps     192 kbps

So 10Mbps = 10240kbps  and 1024kbps = 1Mbps
Then a 10Mbps cable modem can feed their network faster
than even the fastest service plan they offer.

Do I have correct understanding now?