www/linux-flashplayer7 - now works with SOUND on youtube

Jamie Jones jamie at bishopston.net
Thu Jul 12 22:18:43 UTC 2007

> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 20:19:02 +0000
> Pollywog <lists-fbsd at shadypond.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thursday 12 July 2007 19:35:47 RW wrote:
> >

> > > I don't recall ever having a problem with sound on youtube with
> > > Flash7
> > > - the problems were with Flash9 which relies on ALSA.

Are you using it with the linux-binary ?

I don't know anyone who has managed to get sound from youtube (other sites are ok)
with linux-flashplugin7 under a native browser with the pluginwrapper before now!

> > Does that mean Flash9 is a no-go on FreeBSD?
>
> It means there's no sound with Flash9.

The flashplugin9 port comes with lofi's compiled "libflashsupport" tuned to OSS,
so that shouldn't be an issue.

Indeed, I just tried flash9 again, and I do get sound (the other issues with flash9
are another story)

Cheers,
Jamie