X11 forwarding problems in FreeBSD 6.2 - no xauth data?

Pollywog lists-fbsd at shadypond.com
Tue Jul 10 21:46:15 UTC 2007

On Sunday 08 July 2007 18:03:49 Pollywog wrote:
> I am having some problems with X11 forwarding. I can do X11 forwarding via
> ssh between two machines running Linux, but if I try to do this from
> FreeBSD (KDE) to either of the Linux machines, it only works if I use
> startx to start KDE on the fbsd machine (a laptop). If I start KDE from
> kdm, I get errors that go like this when I start the KDE app on the remote
> host running Linux: pollywog at slider:~$ kate
>  Xlib: connection to "localhost:11.0" refused by server
>  Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
>  kate: cannot connect to X server localhost:11.0

I just did 'ssh' to one of the Linux hosts and when the connection was made, I
got this:

Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.

Does this possibly have something to do with the problem I mentioned in my
initial post in this thread?  I am going to Google that error and see if I
can find something.