sshd config config file question

Huy Ton That huyslogic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 17:23:19 UTC 2007

The daemon is up and has been up for a long time. In fact, when I made these
changes to sshd_config, for instance as a test maxauthtries to 3 I also
reloaded it during a ssh terminal session. After which I logged back in and
as a test, purposely errored the tries; it still defaulted to 6 despite the
sshd_config file change and reloading.

when I say I get no message I mean to state as such:

$/etc/rc.d/sshd status <--carriage return
$ <--no message after return.

Thanks Pete.

-Huy