php 4.3.10, manual installation

Zbigniew Szalbot zbigniew at szalbot.homedns.org
Mon Jul 9 22:04:17 UTC 2007

Hi there,

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 16:54:16 -0500, Josh Paetzel <josh at tcbug.org> wrote:
> On Monday 09 July 2007, zbigniew at szalbot.homedns.org wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> > I would take a look at cvsweb.freebsd.org and find out when PHP
>> > 4.3.10 was in ports, then roll back your ports tree to that date
>> > with cvsup and install it from ports.
>> >
>> > So in this case the commit that updated the port to 4.3.11 was on
>> > Mon April 4 2005, so if you roll back the ports tree to April 1
>> > you'll be fine.
>> >
>> > You'll need cvsup for this.
>> >
>> > In your ports-supfile add the following line:
>> >
>> > *default date=2005.04.01.00.00.00
>> >
>> > If you have the current versions of gettext, libtool, m4, perl,
>> > and expat installed you can simply roll back the lang directory
>> > with cvsup, saving you from rolling back the entire tree by
>> > commenting out ports-all, and uncommenting ports-base and
>> > ports-lang
>> >
>> > Otherwise, if you want to install the versions of the
>> > dependancies that were current at the time of php 4.3.10 you'll
>> > want to roll back the entire tree.
>> >
>> > After you run cvsup you can just portinstall it or
>> > cd /usr/ports/lang/php4 && make install clean
>>
>> All clear but when I go to install this particular version of PHP I
>> am (rightly) warned about its multiple known vulnerabilities. I
>> read man portinstall but don't think I have seen information how to
>> temporarily switch this security check off when installing a port.
>>
>> Many thanks in advance!
>>
>> Zbigniew Szalbot
>>

> make -DDISABLE_VULNERABILITIES install

Thanks for your patience! However, when I try I get:

make -DDISABLE_VULNERABILITIES install clean
Dependency warning: used OpenSSL version contains known vulnerabilities
Please update or define either WITH_OPENSSL_BASE or WITH_OPENSSL_PORT
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php4.

Now I did include WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=1 in pkgtools.conf for php4 but it does
not seem to take any effect. I also tried inserting
WITH_DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=1 in this file but it did not help.

Thank you!

Zbigniew Szalbot