Out of memory error

Scott Mayo sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Mon Jul 9 14:54:09 UTC 2007

Scott Mayo wrote:
> I am running imapsync and keep getting the error:
>
> "Out of memory during "large" request for 67112960 bytes, total sbrk()
> is 495640576 bytes at /usr/local/bin/imapsync line 1050."
>
> When trying to copy a mailbox that has some large attachements.
>
> I found on the internet that I needed to set kern.maxdsiz="1024M" in my
> /boot/loader.conf to fix this problem, but when I do that then my system
> hangs when trying to mount the drive.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this memory problem?
>
> Thanks.

I guess that the KB option cannot be added to the end to specify
Kilobytes.  I thought it could.  I put kern.maxdsiz="1000000000" and
that took care of the problem.

Thanks.

--
Scott Mayo
System Administrator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.